Sunday, July 13, 2008

My Family Reunion


We drove up to Jersey for the 4th of July. (For those of you who are curious, we spent $131 on gas and averaged 34 mpg. Not bad, if you ask me. We ran into a guy at a gas station on rt. 206 who was braggin' that his hybrid was getting 42 mpg. Shit - we're driving a 2003 Hyundai.) Anyway, I didn't get a chance to play a whole lot, but I did manage a couple excursions to Rockaway Billiards. Here's a pic of yours truly (right) with my two legendary uncles, Bob and Nicky.

Uncle Nicky, recently turned 80, can still entertain with his assortment of trick and prop shots. I personally witnessed a couple table length (object ball not on the rail) 90 degree cut shots. Bobby, an artist, doesn't play at all anymore but he still possesses the skills that made him someone to avoid back when we were kids. Somewhere out there is a picture he painted of a poolroom. Unfortunately, for me, his current work is abstract.

We played for a few hours one day - the bill was $31. OMG, I pay $5 for all day down here. Still, I enjoyed myself. Feel free to check out my vacation photos here.

No comments: